As a current maid of honor I have the responsibility of planning the infamous Bachelorette Party. I don’t know about you, but when I think of a Bachelorette Party I picture of a crazy night full of drinking, strippers, limos, and nightclubs. Hollywood has done an amazing job at creating the stigma of this one ‘last night of freedom.’ You must get all of your partying and sexual fantasies ‘out of your system’ so that you are prepared for lifetime of loyalty to your partner to be. Although I see nothing wrong with having one last wild night with your girls, this type of celebration may not be for everyone. My best friend would rather sit on the couch and enjoy her favorite movie with her closest friends than head downtown to a nightclub, and I for one agree with her! There are so many more options for a creative and fun bachelorette party that you will actually remember!
- Destination Bachelorette Party: If any of the bridesmaids or friends of the brides have a cabin or destination house this would be a perfect time to make use of resources! My family has a cabin in Central Oregon and the bridesmaids and bride to be are spending our bachelorette party relaxing in the woods.
- Camping: A fun time to have the girls ‘rough it’ together. No boys around to see you struggle with fire or without makeup! Just a good time with no distractions from technology.
- Spa Retreat: There is nothing like being pampered for a day. Treat the bride to her favorite spa treatments!
- Comedy Club: Everyone loves a laugh and comedians love playfully teasing bachelorettes. Sitting front row at a comedy club theme bachelorette party is a great way to get your bride-to-be plenty of attention!
- Wine Tasting: Take a road trip to the closest wine region. Rent bikes and plan a cycling tour of a few vineyards for wine-tastings. Just remember that you have to make it back to the hotel; so don’t get carried away with the tastings!
- Bungee Jumping: Instead of drinking to signify a “big life change”, how about a literal leap of faith! A must for adrenaline junkie brides.
- Yoga/Pilates : Trying to stay healthy and in shape for the big day? Plan a yoga theme bachelorette party with a yoga instructor or Pilates classes. These classes are great for non-drinkers or pregnant guests because you can abstain from alcohol and partying
- Private Dinning and Karaoke: Reserve a restaurant’s private dining room for VIP treatment. Bonus: The bachelorette party can get rowdy without disturbing other diners!
- Scavenger Hunt: Organize a scavenger hunt that takes the bride-to-be from the place where she and her fiancé had their first date to other significant landmarks in her life. Make a list of silly tasks she needs to complete throughout the hunt.
- Burlesque Lessons: Sensual dancing lessons to wow your husband-to-be! But all bridesmaids can be involved in this class so the bride-to-be doesn’t get to hog all the fun!