So you’re young, broke, but engaged and in love and daydreaming of a beautiful wedding filled with lavish decorations and flowers. You dream of unique quirks to your wedding that set it apart from the rest–details taking your special day to the next level. The problem is, decorations can be an unexpected expense for engaged couples, setting their financial limits over the edge. Why compromise the beauty for the budget? Check out these ‘around the house’ inexpensive tricks to enhancing the beauty while keeping to the budget!
- Mason Jars: These little glass helpers can be used for almost anything in the wedding décor. The latest trends include mason jars as centerpieces to hold flowers, or to line the isle with little tea lights as the bride takes her first steps towards the groom. Of course mason jars can also be used for beverages and are a great way to give a vintage flare to any wedding. Many family and friends may have old mason jars in their house willing to loan for the wedding and reception and thrift store often have great price offers as well. This trendy, affordable fashion is must have in this upcoming wedding season.
- Ribbon: Yup, it’s that simple. Colored ribbon is often used as a backdrop for outdoor weddings, giving the green surroundings a pop of color. Another idea is to tie the ribbon on the back of the chairs during the ceremony. This allows the chairs to also be incorporated in the wedding’s color scheme and gives it a fun, colorful look. At fabric stores, ribbon runs fairly inexpensive, giving the bride and groom the ability to save more money on a backdrop or fancy chairs, without sacrificing the designer look!
- Vintage Suitcases: Still have grandpa’s old suitcase from the 1930’s? Obsessed with a vintage wedding flare? Well, vintage suitcases are ever present in the wedding décor phase. The suitcases are often showcased next to the guestbook, or welcome table. They offer character and charm and even a unique place where guest can place their wedding cards. Want to be different? Make sure vintage suitcases make your list of decoration ‘must haves’!
- Old Frames: Along with vintage suitcases this new trend of hanging vintage old frames give the wedding a rustic flare, without the cost. Paint the empty frames any color to extenuate the theme of the wedding. This will not only add to charm of the household item flare, but will fill up awkward empty holes or blank spots that need to be filled. Go through your house for any unwanted frames or head to your local thrift shop for more inexpensive options. Cheap spray paint will give your wedding a unique and inexpensive sparkle your guests are sure to notice.
- Burlap: To really nail the modern ‘rustic’ wedding look, burlap is an inexpensive, easy to find fabric that will add texture and warmth to the reception. Using burlap as a runner gives the table a neutral tone, allowing for flowers and plates to pop with color. The hard texture gives you to opportunity to contrast with different fabrics and adds that extra something to make table decorations really stand out. Don’t be afraid of this rough texture—it’s the newest trend in fashionable weddings!